Thursday 29 November 2012

Cactus Procrastination

Firstly, thank you so much for all the lovely comments recently - I really do appreciate reading them and cherish the smiles they bring.

I'm still plugging away at the socks, but allowing myself to get easily distracted!  I'm justifying it by making other Christmas projects on the list - there's lots to do and not much time to do it in!  If I haven't posted on here with soggy sock blocking pictures, start nagging me to finish them...

So back to the distraction - a money card for my nephew.  He's at the age where money is the ultimate present, which makes it a little impersonal so I've created a card to pop it in.



He loves cacti, and has nagged me in the past to grow some from seed for him.  I didn't oblige, but I did knit him one - that counts, right?  When I saw Doodle Pantry were generously offering a free Christmas Cactus digikit for entering their November challenge, I couldn't resist - it's perfect, isn't it?


I've coloured the image with promarkers, and added glitter and glaze to the baubles.  The backing papers and sentiment are from the same kit.  I used distress inks in frayed burlap, faded denim and peeled paint on just about everything(!)


The parcel tag has a little pouch for the money and is embellished with more backing papers, card candi, ribbon and garden string.  

I just need to replace those tatty notes with nice crisp ones and its good to go!

Entering into the following challenges:

Distressing - Passion for Promarkers
Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle - Cupcake Crafting
Anything Goes - I love Promarkers
Ribbon or Trim - Crafts & Me
Numbers (um...on the money - is that allowed?) - Nutcrafters
Flowers - Sweet Stampin'

Time for a few more rounds of sock knitting; two at a time, top down...halfway across sole - not much further now!





10 comments:

  1. What an adorable card. I can honestly say I've never seen Christmas cactus quite like these but they are sooo cute!! You did a great job on this card and I'm sure your nephew will be thrilled with his gift. Thanks for joining us in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute money holder/gift card design. Thanks for joining the Sweet 'n Sassy digi challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great image! So unusual! Fab gift card- love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card. Thanks for sharing with us at Nutcrafters. As its Gemma's challenge I'll let her decide if it fits but it is still a fab card. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a thoughtful way to give a money present, I'm sure your nephew will be thrilled to bits. Thank you so much for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week. x
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous set.i love your fabulous colours and design and great fun image.
    thanks for joining us this week at the Crafts and Me challenge and also at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christina, what a gorgeous card/money holder. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. I'm sure your nephew will be thrilled with it. Thanks for joining in with our "distressing" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic idea! Card and money holder in one - genius!! I love the unique design and the 'distressed quirky-ness' you've got happenin'! ;)

    Thanks for joining us over at Passion for ProMarkers for our 'Distressing' challenge. Good luck.

    xo, Lou Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project, really cool, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete