Sunday 4 November 2012

Birdie Brown Free Digistamps

There's new free digistamps available from Birdie Brown :)  I'm really enjoying seeing her blog and I like the monthly challenges - seeing what other people do with the same thing is inspiring and fascinating in much the same way as the Ravelry project pages for the same knitting pattern.  It underlines just how unique each creation that leaves a crafter's hands really is.

This month there are two snowmen images to play with.  I instantly fell in love with the Just for You stamp, whilst Snowy Day didn't really grab my attention.  Having played with both, however, the former remains a favourite but the latter has grown on me considerably.

I made a card with the first digistamp, and while the characters are hand coloured, I created the snowy background to them in Serif.


See the little star buttons and ribbons on the bag?  I confess they're covering up a bit of bleed through from the promarkers!  His glasses and coat buttons have a little clear glaze over them, and I've added tiny seed beads to each dot on the doily.  

Snowy Day has been turned into a small hanging gift box for the Christmas Tree.  He's decoupaged onto the front, complete with a rainbow scarf and shiny nose!  As this background was so much smaller, I coloured it by hand.  


Both have glittery accents, and to give a sense of scale for the box, here it is with the card:


There's enough room in it for four of the little Christmas chocolates from M&S (the ones that come in the nets - yum!)





2 comments:

  1. Eeeek! What beautiful projects!! I especially LOVE the card. The snowy background is perfect and the doily panel is absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for playing along this month's freebie challenge.

    Birdie Brown ~Torico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Expect to see more soon...I can't stop playing with your images!

      Delete