Thursday 29 July 2010

More Test Knitting :)

It's about time I did an update! My hexagon blanket is still on hold while the weather is so warm - it's just too uncomfortable to work with it on my lap, and I refuse to work on it with grouchy thoughts in my head. Instead, I'm still working through little projects including a pair of socks for Dad's birthday at the end of August.


You'll have to excuse the wrinkly cloth - I pulled it out of the ironing pile to take the shot. Shame on me! They're just a basic ribbed pattern, because I don't think he'd wear anything with cables. Since his heart attack, he's really suffered with cold feet and spends the winters fighting off chilblains and what looks like trench foot! So I'm hoping he'll find these will help keep him cosy.

Moving on, I made a little mouse as a test knit for Julie - the pattern isn't up on Ravelry yet, but will be soon. It's really cute, fast to knit and would be a great toy for a small child. She's called Pumpkin, with a little orange dress and green bag. She's filled it with catnip, because she's daring like that ;)




My second test knit was for Anita, the first time I've test knitted for her, and a super fun pattern. Look at the tubby tummy on my lamb - doesn't it make you just want to squish and squeeze her? I decorated Woolly's tummy with surface crochet and a buttoned felt flower - I just don't seem to be able to just leave my softies plain - they cry to me that they want to have pretties! Anita is just finalizing the pattern now - it'll be available from ravelry right....here!





The last of my latest knits was this little fun fungi - Mr Fly Agaric. :) I used this free pattern from Abby Kroken. I'd like to end up with a little collection of them to dot around the garden.


That's me and my knitting caught up with - what are you working on now? :)




4 comments:

  1. You are so awesome and creative! I love the way you take the things you knit & add your own personal touches and flair. Pumpkin is gorgeous, the mushroom is uber-cute and I couldn't be happier with how Woolly turned out!

    Me thinks me has a new knitting hero!
    ¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. *dies* Those are so cute. I *sooooo* have to knit me up one of those sheep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it a great pattern, Melanie? Love it! :)

    Anita, I am more than happy for you to knit me a cape. And maybe big knickers to match :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lamb is adorable, I might whip up the crochet version of him to replace my disastrous turtle!

    I must also make pumpkin, she's going in my queue as soon as she's available. You're so productive, I'm very jealous

    Kimberly x

    ReplyDelete