Tuesday 15 June 2010

Nearly there!


I'm very close to finishing all of the hexagons for my blanket - just this last row to finish! I'm so pleased with the brightness of it, and the soft sheen of the cotton. I think it'll look even better once it's been washed to get rid of that "just stitched" look.


This last row seems to be taking me a long time to work across - I keep putting it down, browsing the web, doing a bit of housework, having a coffee etc. I think it's because once it's done I'll have to address the border. And I dont know what to doooooo. I've thought about a black border, or a white one...but can't decide. I have enough of a different cotton yarn in a bluey turquoise colour that would work, but would emphasise the blues in the hexagons and pull them to the front...hmmm.

Suggestions more than welcome - help me!

2 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING, so pretty, is it for you? so what do you think about doing a rainbow edging? Not sure if it would look messy or not, if not I would say go for the blues, either way it will look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blanket! Great color choice, too!

    I wanted to crochet one hexagon blanket for months but every time I started something other distracted me so I'll postpone this project for the next winter. Anyway, your lovely blanket reminded me, to put it on my "to do" list!

    Thank you

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete