Thursday 10 June 2010


Julie asked me to test knit another pattern for her - Squeaker Birds. Really sweet pattern for four different birds, designed for small children with squeakers inside.

I don't have to worry about little ones here, so mine aren't very child friendly, but will look great in the garden nestled amongst the plants and keeping my crocheted birds company.

Pattern knitted up very quickly - I finished all four in a couple of days and most of that was spent procrastinating over flower buttons ;) Each bird has a different beak, wing and legs, so the mix and match possibilities are huuuuge! They only use a small amount of yarn too. Perfect present stuff really.

Let me introduce you to my flock:

First is Rodney the Robin. Made from alpaca and wool, he's so soft and yummy.



Next is Penelope the Penguin. She has icy beads and snowflake buttons and the most adorable big feet!



Then there's Clarabel the Crow. She's made from the Wendy Mode that my son bought me for Mother's Day (he's the most wonderful son!) in a gorgeous teal colour. She has a little red gingham bow and the fattest tummy of the flock.



And lastly, Posie the baby bird who is possibly my favourite (but don't tell the others!). She's made from grey vintage yarn and pink Wendy Mode. She's covered in little button flowers and tiny wool felt leaves. I love her frilly little wings and floppy legs - she really is adorable!



As we're having really heavy rainfall here at the moment in my little corner of England, they only popped outside briefly to have their photos taken, and until the weather improves, they'll stay indoors being cared for by Gordon. He takes this job very seriously look...



No comments:

Post a Comment