Thursday 27 May 2010

Gah - I'm such a bad blogger. Once you've let a (good) few weeks lapse, it's hard to jump back in again. But I'll give it a go anyway.

I've been busy since my last post and the main culprit is taking a crochet lesson at the end of March. I don't know how many times I've tried to crochet, and it never quite worked out. I just couldn't "read" it like I can with knitting. However, a two hour lesson with a bunch of other women desperate to get the hang of it works miracles. Makes such a huuuge difference to have someone show you how to do it, look over each little stitch you create and reassure you that you're getting the hang of it. I've immersed myself into churning out flowers, baskets and oh-so-yummy granny squares!

This is the first proper pattern I tried. It's from Lollychops' blog and was super easy. Makes wonderful big blousy roses. I've made mine into brooches.


I have to share one of my recent knitting projects too. It was a test knit for Julie on Ravelry, and is the most adorable giraffe!


Look how gorgeous he is! He makes me smile every time I glance his way :) I also added him to the One Million Giraffe project - click on the link to see what the fuss is about.

I have lots more crochet to share, but it's raining hard here and not the best photography weather, so it'll have to keep for another day. In the meantime, I'm going to get back to my latest recycling/repurposing plans which involve....


Yup. One filthy plasticine box that was slung out by a teaching friend...and a catering sized bean tin (that has a few friends) The mission to make throw-away things into Stuff I Love continues...fingers crossed it's successful!



No comments:

Post a Comment